Saturday, July 28, 2012

two weeks a widow





Well the Olympics have not even started yet, but all the hype has. In between all the hype on TV, TO found a Tony Robinson special about the history of the 2012 Olympic site in the East End of London.

Naturally this reminded me I haven’t seen any episodes of his Worst Jobs in History series for years and now that I am a little internet savvy, I went straight to YouTube.

This stuff might help me cope for the next wee while. And if the house starts to shake I’ll know it’s not another earthquake, just the always gracious but never graceful Other doing her gold medal worthy gymnastic ball rolling and ribbon twirling routine.

The Other was hauled over the coals at work last year for doing a bit of IV Pole dancing while on duty. Fair enough – the thing does have wheels and it is a legitimate Health and Safety no-no.

Please let me know if you are booked for surgery during the Olympics. I’ll check The Other’s schedule for you. The last thing you would want to see as you come out of an anaesthetic is a reprise of her famous synchronised swimming routine.


4 comments:

  1. I'm with the Other, I love the Olympic games. I have to wrestle TOH* for the remote control so I can watch one of the 10 Foxtel Olympic Channels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With ten channels to choose from can I take it you won't have to sit through sports that don't particularly appeal?
      I'm sure they'll be special to you this time round - and I do hope it all goes off swimmingly :)

      Delete
  2. Personally, I'm hangin' to see Tony Robinson's new series of History Walks he filmed in Oz.
    As for the Olympics...I hear the local libraries have stacks of books not yet read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I didn't know about History Walks. A light at the end of the tunnel, wots not on the front of a train!

      Delete